Every great product, company, or idea relies on the same key to success – effective communication. My love of language, obsessive attention to detail, and passion for communications has lead me to a career working with companies to craft messages and impart information to consumers, often working from technical or scientific sources. I enjoy leading projects and working with teams of designers, freelancers, and subject-matter experts to analyze and find the perfect message, medium, and consumer. My unique combination of editorial and corporate experience allows me produce content that effectively informs and entertains any audience.
Tag Communications 2015 - Present
Writer & Editor
As a contracted Writer and Editor at Studio SAP, the internal marketing agency for SAP SE, I work with clients around the globe to create content across a variety of platforms and initiatives. From social media to blogs, Web sites, and marketing brochures, each of the hundreds of projects I’ve worked on has been individually developed for a specific audience, software product, or industry.
- Write, edit, and project manage over 25 different asset types, all with unique guidelines, audiences, and customers.
- Maintain a consistent voice and tone that matches brand standard, aligning with the overall messaging guidelines for Studio SAP.
- Ensure all copy meets legal guidelines. Verify information in copy with standard reference sources, and proofread all content for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax.
Rodale, Inc. 2009 - 2014
Organic Gardening Magazine
FOOD & SUSTAINABILITY EDITOR
Worked in a deadline-driven environment on a small team to create a national magazine, read by a wide audience of over 250k subscribers and 1 million Facebook followers. Facilitated brainstorming and collaboration sessions to shape the content and direction of the magazine, Managed content for departments and features, working with freelancers and designers.
· Created, organized, and managed content for the Website, including social media and app integration.
· Lead teams and projects for videos, social media, and special events.
· Wrote, narrated, and edited online videos.
· Trained and managed interns and editorial assistants.